During the inception of Team UP, 8 desired results statements were decided upon by the community to guide their work. These results statements are:
- Every child is born healthy and thriving*
- Every child enters school ready to learn*
- Every child progresses to high school graduation at or above grade level
- Every youth reaches adulthood able to pursue his or her full potential
- Every child is living in a safe and supportive home and school environment*
- Families have access to affordable health and behavioral health services*
- The community celebrates diversity
- Families are able to support themselves on a living wage
Montezuma and Dolores Counties voted on which statements they wanted to prioritize for their first Action Teams. Those statements have an asterisk above. Each of our seven Action Teams falls under the guidance of one of these, and at times, like with the Family Engagement Action Team, they are guided by more than one. These statements help to focus and inspire each team’s work. It is a long term goal of Team UP to address all of these statements.
Team UP Coordinator
Team UP is a Collective Impact Initiative in Montezuma and Dolores Counties, bringing together a wide range of individuals and organizations, all working towards a common goal – improving outcomes for kids from cradle to career. Since this is a broad goal, Team UP Action Teams focus on more specific topics, such as Family Engagement, Child Maltreatment Prevention, Behavioral Health, Food Security, Youth Mental Health, the importance of Early Childhood development, and Early Childhood Education Expansion. United Way of Southwest Colorado serves as the backbone organization for Team UP.
Help us continue our work. DONATE